ESC Programming Software: KDE Direct Device Manager Software
The new UAS UVC series is compatible with 4S LiPo - 14S LiHV power systems and allows for the next level of performance and efficiency for your UAS and Multi-Rotor applications.
The UAS UVC series brings to life the newest-generation of technology and includes an all-Aluminum 6061-T6 case for cool-running temperatures and rugged-construction allowing the ESCs to be used in a wide-range of harsh environments and commercial/industrial applications (IP66 certification for all-weather operation). The new series also comes pre-loaded with the latest production firmware, including these new, market-leading technologies:
- KDECAN – enables live-telemetry feedback with the flight-controller for added safety and operation. Critical system components can be monitored in real time and additional control signals can be sent to the ESC. See the KDECAN Protocol for setup and functionality.
- Data Logging – high-memory storage, onboard EEPROM allows for continuous logging of critical parameters (voltage, amperage, temperature, throttle signal, throttle output, eRPM, etc.) with the ability to download and review via standard PC-USB connection.
- Regenerative Braking – active braking during motor deceleration phase, providing instantaneous response to the flight controller commands and matched-response to acceleration profiles (less “float” during flight).
- Temperature Controlled Synchronous Rectification – new proprietary algorithm for smooth-running motors at low-throttle and improved, faster response under high-peak loads; all while significantly increasing flight-time efficiency and reducing operating temperatures (also termed "active-freewheeling").
- Active Monitoring – internal hardware and specialized algorithms continually monitor voltage, current, temperature, stall detection, and a host of other critical parameters for safe reliable operation and damage prevention.
- Dynamic Timing and Startup Power – optimally-tuned for smooth and precision-controlled startup throughout the full-range of UAS Brushless Motors (no hesitation, stuttering, or response lag).
- Increased Drive and Throttle Frequency Resolution – high-accuracy, linear throttle response throughout full-range of operation control.
- Motor Synchronization – frequency matched start-up protocols for smooth and efficient motor operation.
- Anti-Spark Circuitry – protects the integrity and life-span of critical connectors upon each initial plug-in and system power-up.
- Auto Recognition of PWM Control Signals – factory calibrated, automatic throttle calibration ideal for most applications.
The UVC series ESC incorporates a CAN bus multiplex serial bus for telemetry, an on-board high speed EEPROM chip for data logging, and a 32-bit MCU for maximum processing power and performance.
The series is tuned and optimized for the KDE Direct UAS Multi-Rotor Brushless Motor Series, for simple plug-and-play operation. No additional throttle calibration is required for most applications and settings are factory programmed.
Programming: Proprietary Algorithm, 600Hz+ Refresh, Dynamic Advance Timing
Ingress Protection Rating: IP66 Certification
Features: Active Anti-Spark Circuit, Aluminum 6061-T6 Case, CANbus Protocol
- Two (2) KDE Direct XF ф3.5mm 24K Bullet Connectors (Pair, KDEXF-BC35)
- Two (2) KDE Direct XF ф4.0mm 24K Bullet Connectors (Pair, KDEXF-BC40)
|Refresh Rate||600 Hz (50 - 600Hz Adaptive)|
|Maximum Peak Current||60 A (5 s)|
|Maximum Peak Power||3,910 W (5 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Current*||40 A (180 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Power*||2,070 W (180 s)|
|Maximum DC wire length*||12 inches|
|Maximum Efficiency||> 98%|
|Voltage Range||14.8 V (4S LiPo) - 60.9 V (14S LiHV)|
|Internal BEC||None (Opto-Isolation)|
|Maximum RPM||360,000 rpm (2-Pole)|
|PWM Rate||Adaptive Dynamic Algorithm|
|Advance Timing||22° - 30° Dynamic Algorithm|
|ESC Size||36.5 mm (W) x 71.5 mm (L)|
|ESC Weight||80 g (110 g with Wires/Bullets)|
|Power Leads||13 AWG, 200°C|
|Motor Leads||14 AWG, 200°C|
|ESC Control Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (W-R-B)|
|Power Connects||ф3.5 / ф4.0 mm Matched Pair|
|Motor Connects||ф4.0 mm Female|
*: ESC requires consistent airflow (5 mph or greater) across the heatsink to maintain maximum continuous current and power ratings during operation, specified at full-load condition (100% throttle). Increasing airflow or adding additional cooling can further increase the capabilities of the controller and extend the lifespan of the critical internal components.
*: ESC actively monitors internal hardware components to protect its circuitry. Overtemperature protection ensures safe and reliable operation by limiting the maximum RPM when the temperature rises above the maximum temperature rating. Overtemperature protection decreases an ESCs operating temperature and will bring the ESC back to safe operating conditions.
*: Extending the ESC power leads is at your own risk and voids the warranty. Additional capacitance must be added if the DC wire length between the ESC and power source is longer than 12 inches
- KDE-UAS40UVC Design Geometry Dimensions Specification Sheet (PDF)
- UAS UVC ESC Series Instruction Manual (PDF)
- KDECAN Bus Protocol (PDF)
- KDECAN Pixhawk Quickstart (PDF)
- UAS UVC ESC Series Technology Review (PDF)
- KDE Direct UAS ESC - Pixhawk 2.1 (CUBE) Autopilot Instructions (PDF)
- KDE Direct UAS ESC - Pixhawk (PX4) Autopilot Instructions (PDF)
To decompress the files, any reputable unarchiver will work such as WinRAR, 7-Zip, PeaZip, etc.
We Also Recommend