20A+ Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) for Electric Multi-Rotor (sUAS) Series
ESC Programming Device: KDE Direct Device Manager Adapter
The UAS LV series is compatible with 2S LiPo - 6S LiHV (26.5V Max) power systems - allowing for the next level of performance and efficiency for your sUAS and Multi-Rotor applications.
For competition-level FPV racing, the latest firmware now includes auto-recognition of OneShot125, PWMSync500, and standard PWM throttle-control signals. No switches or solder-tab modifications required, the ESC will automatically recognize the incoming signal for simple plug-and-play operation and optimal flight characteristics.
In addition, manual-throttle and direct-range calibration is now included for simple-setup to the common market racing controllers (Naze32, SPRacing, CC3D, etc.) and can be added to the hardware at any-time using the KDEXF-DMA Device Manager Adapter programming kit.
The new series also comes pre-loaded with the latest production firmware, including these new, market-leading technologies:
- Regenerative Braking – active braking during motor deceleration phase, providing instantaneous response to the flight controller commands and matched-response to acceleration profiles (less “float” during flight).
- Temperature-Controlled Synchronous Rectification – new proprietary algorithm for smooth-running motors at low-throttle and improved, faster response under high-peak loads; all while significantly increasing flight-time efficiency and reducing operating temperatures (also termed "active-freewheeling").
- Dynamic Timing and Startup Power – optimally-tuned for smooth and precision-controlled startup throughout the full-range of UAS Brushless Motors (no hesitation, stuttering, or response lag).
- Increased Drive and Throttle Frequency Resolution – high-accuracy, linear throttle response throughout full-range of operation control.
- Motor Synchronization – factory-calibrated ESCs for consistent throttle control and frequency-matched start-up protocols.
Dynamic PWM and Motor Advance Timing algorithms are used for optimal flight performance. The series is specifically designed and optimized for the KDE Direct UAS Multi-Rotor Brushless Motor Series. For maximum stability and performance of the flight controller, the system is tuned to react almost instantaneously to the flight commands and UAS Brushless Motor response capability.
ESCs include 200°C, 16 AWG silicone-wire power leads and 18 AWG silicone-wire motor leads with ф3.5mm (KDEXF-BC35) 24K matching Bullet Connectors.
Programming: Proprietary Algorithm, OneShot125/PWMSync500 (2000Hz Adaptive), Dynamic Advance Timing
Features: Aluminum 6061-T6 Heatsink
- Two (2) KDE Direct XF ф3.5mm 24K Bullet Connectors (Pair, KDEXF-BC35)
|Refresh Rate||2000 Hz (50 - 2000Hz Adaptive)|
|Maximum Peak Current||35 A (5 s)|
|Maximum Peak Power||775 W (5 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Current*||20+ A (180 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Power*||445+ W (180 s)|
|Maximum Efficiency||> 98%|
|Voltage Range||7.4 V (2S LiPo) - 26.1 V (6S LiHV)|
|Internal BEC||None (Opto-Isolation)|
|Maximum RPM||360,000 rpm (2-Pole)|
|PWM Rate||Adaptive Dynamic Algorithm|
|Advance Timing||22° - 30° Dynamic Algorithm|
|PCB Size||22.5 mm (W) x 32 mm (L)|
|ESC Weight||10 g (26 g with Wires/Bullets)|
|Power Leads||16 AWG, 200°C|
|Motor Leads||18 AWG, 200°C|
|ESC Control Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (W-R-B)|
|ESC Programming Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (O-R-B)|
|Power Connects||ф3.5 mm Matched Pair|
|Motor Connects||ф3.5 mm Female|
*: ESC requires consistent airflow (5 mph or greater) across the heatsink to maintain maximum continuous current and power ratings during operation, specified at full-load condition (100% throttle). Increasing airflow or adding additional cooling can further increase the capabilities of the controller and extend the lifespan of the critical internal components.
- KDEXF-UAS20LV Design Geometry Dimensions Specification Sheet (PDF)
- UAS ESC Series Instruction Manual REVPR08 (PDF)
- UAS ESC Series Technology Review (PDF)
- KDE Direct UAS ESC - Pixhawk 2.1 (CUBE) Autopilot Instructions (PDF)
- KDE Direct UAS ESC - Pixhawk (PX4) Autopilot Instructions (PDF)
- KDE Direct Design Engineering - Episode X: XF UAS ESCs (YouTube)
We Also Recommend
KDE-UAS125UVC 125A+UHV Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) for Multi- and Single-Rotor (UAS) Series
KDE-UAS85UVC 85A+UHV Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) for Multi- and Single-Rotor (UAS) Series
KDEXF-UAS95HVC 95A+HV Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) for Electric Multi-Rotor (UAS) Series
KDEXF-UAS75HVC 75A+HV Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) for Electric Multi-Rotor (UAS) Series