ESC Programming Device: KDE Direct Device Manager Adapter
The UAS HVC series is compatible with 3S LiPo - 12S LiHV power systems - allowing for the next level of performance and efficiency for your UAS and Multi-Rotor applications.
The new UAS HVC series brings to life the next-generation of technology for UAS and Multi-Rotor operation; including an all-Aluminum 6061-T6 case for cool-running temperatures and rugged-construction, allowing the ESCs to be used in a wide-range of harsh environments and commercial/industrial applications (IP56 certification for all-weather operation). The new series also comes pre-loaded with the latest production firmware, including these new, market-leading technologies:
- Regenerative Braking – active braking during motor deceleration phase, providing instantaneous response to the flight controller commands and matched-response to acceleration profiles (less “float” during flight).
- Temperature Controlled Synchronous Rectification – new proprietary algorithm for smooth-running motors at low-throttle and improved, faster response under high-peak loads; all while significantly increasing flight-time efficiency and reducing operating temperatures (also termed "active-freewheeling").
- Dynamic Timing and Startup Power – optimally-tuned for smooth and precision-controlled startup throughout the full-range of UAS Brushless Motors (no hesitation, stuttering, or response lag).
- Increased Drive and Throttle Frequency Resolution – high-accuracy, linear throttle response throughout full-range of operation control.
- Motor Synchronization – frequency matched start-up protocols for smooth and efficient motor operation.
- Anti-Spark Circuitry – protects the integrity and life-span of critical connectors upon each initial plug-in and system power-up.
- Auto Recognition of PWM Control Signals – factory calibrated, automatic throttle calibration ideal for most applications.
The series is tuned and optimized for the KDE Direct UAS Multi-Rotor Brushless Motor Series, for simple plug-and-play operation. No additional throttle calibration is required for most applications and settings are factory programmed.
Programming: Proprietary Algorithm, 600Hz Refresh, Dynamic Advance Timing
Ingress Protection Rating: IP56 Certification
Features: Active Anti-Spark Circuit, Aluminum 6061-T6 Case
- Two (2) KDE Direct XF ф4.0mm 24K Bullet Connectors (Pair, KDEXF-BC40)
- Two (2) KDE Direct XF ф6.5mm 24K Bullet Connectors (Pair, KDEXF-BC65)
|Refresh Rate||600 Hz (50 - 600Hz Adaptive)|
|Maximum Peak Current||165 A (5 s)|
|Maximum Peak Power||7,325 W (5 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Current*||95 A (180 s)|
|Maximum Continuous Power*||4,220 W (180 s)|
|Maximum DC wire length*||12 inches|
|Voltage Range||11.1 V (3S LiPo) - 52.2 V (12S LiHV)|
|Internal BEC||None (Opto-Isolation)|
|Maximum RPM||360,000 rpm (2-Pole)|
|PWM Rate||Auto Recognition Algorithm|
|Advance Timing||22° - 30°|
|ESC Size||37 mm (W) x 82 mm (L)|
|ESC Weight||78 g (114 g with Wires/Bullets)|
|Power Leads||12 AWG, 200°C|
|Motor Leads||13 AWG, 200°C|
|ESC Control Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (W-R-B)|
|ESC Programming Lead||22 AWG, 3-Wire JR (O-R-B)|
|Power Connects||ф4.0 / ф6.5 mm Matched Pair|
|Motor Connects||ф4.0 mm Female|
*: ESC requires consistent airflow (5 mph or greater) across the heatsink to maintain maximum continuous current and power ratings during operation, specified at full-load condition (100% throttle). Increasing airflow or adding additional cooling can further increase the capabilities of the controller and extend the lifespan of the critical internal components.
*: Overtemperature protection ensures safe and reliable operation by limiting the maximum RPM when the temperature rises above the maximum temperature rating. Overtemperature protection decreases an ESCs operating temperature and will bring the ESC back to safe operating conditions.
*: Extending the ESC power leads is at your own risk and voids the warranty. Additional capacitance must be added if the DC wire length between the ESC and power source is longer than 12 inches
- KDEXF-UAS95HVC Design Geometry Dimensions Specification Sheet (PDF)
- UAS HVC ESC Series Instruction Manual REVPR12 (PDF)
- UAS HVC ESC Series Technology Review (PDF)
- KDE Direct UAS ESC - Pixhawk 2.1 (CUBE) Autopilot Instructions (PDF)
- KDE Direct UAS ESC - Pixhawk (PX4) Autopilot Instructions (PDF)
- KDE Direct Design Engineering - Episode XII: UAS HVC ESCs (YouTube)
To decompress the files, any reputable unarchiver will work such as WinRAR, 7-Zip, PeaZip, etc.
We Also Recommend